Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Of New Beginnings - Hopes and Thoughts of Renewal

To be continued

I started this thread January 20th, but I was not certain what I wanted to say, but I understood the fire below. On one level, I celebrated the inaguration of Barack Obama, indeed new beginnings - yet my thoughts and hopes for renewal were personal. Obama's victory for me meant a validation of the personal core principles needed to achieve.

1) Discipline
2) Focus and Clarity of purpose
3) Honoring of intention and committment
4) Love of self
5) Being true to self
6) Sound decision making & having the benefit of wise counsel
7) Supporting and nurturing relationships
8) A personal vision

A review of my life brought about a grim assesment that I have not scored well in many of those areas. The last 18 months is as then Senator Obama would say the final verdict of a gifted life underminded by self sabotage. In homage to my adherence to astrological principals, I recently celebrate March 21st as "New Years" as the Sun moves into Aries bringing and end to winter and organic renewal of life with the dawning of Spring. As grim as my assessment is, my gifts and my light while dulled, has never left. I spent 18 months focusing on how to extract myself from an unhappy life situation, then focusing on the election of Barack Obama.

President Obama's inaguration brought closure to one phase of my journey. Thus it paved a way for new beginnings. As I move forward toward my 50th year on this planet during this incarnation, it is time to do as President Obama said..."put away" childish things. Thus for the next days in preparation for my "New Years" my focus is on personal growth and evolution, purging the old, and making way for the new. During this time I will limit my time on the internet to only usefull "surfing", checking my personal e-mails 2x a day max, no chat rooms, no IM's, no checking in on the political blogs, Salon, TPM, or MSNBC. In the next blog, I will provide more details on my goals for the next 60 days.

Peace until March 21

No comments: